INFOalerte: For effective communication in the case of an emergency
In order to facilitate and improve communications with citizens in an emergency, Ville de Châteauguay has acquired a new system of alerts from SOMUM. The system can be used to transmit important messages to a large number of people in a short time. Messages can be received by citizens on their home phone, cell phone, email or as a text message.
Such a system is very useful for the rapid and effective communication of major events such :
- alerts regarding the overflowing of the river
- an interruption of water supply
- a sectorial or generalized water boiling advisory
- a drinking water avoidance advisory.
In such situations, a message is sent to the residents on the list, depending on the sector concerned, or to the entire city as appropriate. When a person registered on the system is unable to answer the phone, a message is recorded on his or her voice mailbox.
You are automatically registered if:
- your residential telephone number is listed in the telephone directory.
You are not automatically registered if:
- Your residential phone service is not with Bell or Videotron;
- You have a cell phone but no home phone;
- You have a confidential phone number;
- You moved during the past year to a different Châteauguay address;
- You are a new resident of Châteauguay.
Quick and fast registration*
To register or to verify if you are already registered, visit Portailchateauguay.somum.com and follow these steps:
1. Open up a new account by clicking on the "New user" button.
2. Fill out the form with your homephone or cellphone number. Choose the way in which you would like the password to be sent to you and click the checkbox to accept the terms. To submit the form, click the "Gett password" button.
3. The "User name" field will be automatically filled in with your phone number. All you have to do is to enter the password you received by phone or by SMS.
4. Fill out the form and click the "Confirm" button.
In the event of problems or questions related to the registration process, contact the Direction des communications et des relations publiques at 450 698-3017.
* The City of Châteauguay ensures that the information gathered during the registration process will only be used to communicate with citizens in case of emergency. The City is committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of this information.
Other tools to inform you on a regular basis: