1. The security and integrity of the personal information of its users is important to the City of Châteauguay. Furthermore, all necessary measures have been taken to ensure the protection of the privacy of its users while ensuring the high quality that they expect from the City of Châteauguay.
2. The privacy protection practices of the City of Châteauguay conform to federal and provincial laws. The City of Châteauguay is in conformity with the Loi sur la protection des renseignements personnels et les documents électroniques (LPRPDE).
3. The City of Châteauguay gathers information for one or more of the following reasons:
- provide a positive experience to the user and ensure the delivery of services;
- understand the requirements of the user;
- manage the activities of the City of Châteauguay and ensures their expansion; and
- satisfy requirements related to the laws and bylaws.
The City of Châteauguay’s Web site only uses “cookies” so that you can connect with our services and personalize your use of the Internet. A cookie is a small text file placed on your hard drive by the Web page server. It contains information that can be used by the Web server of the domain that issued it. Cookies cannot start a program or propagate viruses on your computer.
The main function of a cookie is to store your preferences and other information on your computer, which avoids your having to re-enter the same information and show your personalized content during your subsequent visits to the site.
You have the option to accept or refuse the cookies. Most Web navigators automatically accept cookies, but it is generally possible to modify the parameters of your navigator if you prefer to refuse them. If you refuse the cookies, it is possible that you will not be able to connect to or use the interactive functions and services on the City of Châteauguay’s site that depend on the cookies.
5. Use of Web Beacons
The City of Châteauguay Web pages may contain electronic images, known as beacons or single-pixel gifs in English that permit the transmission of cookies to our sites to count the number of visitors to these pages and provide co-branded services. We may include these Web beacons in promotional electronic mail or information bulletins in order to determine which messages are opened and which have been acted upon.
The City of Châteauguay may also use Web beacons coming from a third party in order to establish overall statistics on the efficiency of campaigns or other promotional operations on its site. The use by a third party of Web beacons on our sites in an effort to gather or use your personal information is prohibited.
6. The City of Châteauguay does not divulge or use your personal information for reasons other than that for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law. The City of Châteauguay keeps the information for as long as it is necessary.
7. The City of Châteauguay will inform the users, when asked, of the existence, use or distribution of their personal information and give them access to their information.
8. The City of Châteauguay will ensure that the personal information supplied is correct, complete and up-do-date. Users can verify the correctness and the exhaustiveness of the information and ask for modifications if necessary, as needed.
9. Users who wish to find out more about this privacy protection policy, access their personal information, obtain information on the data held by the City of Châteauguay or file a complaint related to the protection of their privacy can contact the City of Châteauguay.