The regulations concerning parking seek to ensure better traffic flow. It is therefore important that they are respected.
Except in cases of necessity or where a provision of this Regulation or the rules of the road allows it, it is forbidden to immobilize a vehicle:
- In a street for more than 24 consecutive hours;
- In a street, from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6 pm for more than two hours in a way that constitutes an abuse likely to produce serious or be harmful drawbacks;
- In a bus stop or in a lane reserved for public transportation vehicles.
From December 1st of this year to April 1st 2016, it is prohibited to leave any automobile parked on the streets from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. (see the press release).
This by-law is available on the website of the City at www.ville.chateauguay.qc.ca/stationnement-nuit.
- A street that is poorly ploughed due to an illegally parked vehicle overnight increases the risk of accidents and obstructs emergency vehicles;
- A well ploughed street increases safety for road users, especially children and persons with reduced mobility;
- A vehicle that is towed entails costs, time loss and inconvenience for the offending driver.
The City of Châteauguay would like to thank you for your cooperation.