Next branch collection starting on May 10
Published on 21 April 2021
Ville de Châteauguay is pleased to confirm that the spring branch collection will start on Monday, May 10. The operation will give residents the opportunity to get rid of their dead branches gathered over the winter.
From May 10, municipal employees will cross the whole territory to collect branches. Residents who wish to use the collection service must place their branches at the curb at the latest on Sunday, May 9 in all neighbourhoods.
Some instructions for branch collection:
- Branches must be placed on your property, at the curb, with the cut ends facing the street;
- The diameter of the branches must not exceed 4 inches (10 cm) and the length must not exceed 10 feet (3 m);
- To ensure the safety of our employees, branches with thorns must be marked and separated from the other branches (e.g., honey locusts and hawthorns).
We do not collect:
- Stumps and logs;
- Branches with soil clods;
- Vines and yard waste;
- Intertwined branches;
- Wood planks;
- Piles of branches with a volume greater than 4 m³ (1.25 m x 1.25 m x 2.6 m).
If piles of branches placed at the curb exceed 4 m³, the collection team will note the address and continue its route. In the following days, the resident will be informed of the rate based on the volume of the branches: $35 + tax for each additional volume of 4 m³. The branches will be collected once payment has been made.
Residents will be regularly kept up-to-date on the progress of the branch collection on our Facebook page facebook.com/Chateauguay and in the “Branch collection” section on our website at ville.chateauguay.qc.ca/en/special-waste-collection/branches-collection. Please do not hesitate to read all of the details and updates on the spring branch collection.