The city is taking the necessary measures to protect the population from coronavirus (COVID-19) and limit its spread. Since the situation is changing constantly, we monitor it continually to implement all the actions required for everyone’s health and safety.
In order to relieve the tax burden on residents and businesses facing financial difficulties during this period of instability, the city has suspended interest on tax payments until the November 2020 instalment for business owners, merchants and residents.
To learn about the latest measures taken by the city, please see the Latest updates page.
The Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CIUSS) de la Montérégie offers a variety of service points for people who would like to be tested for COVID-19, including designated clinics and mobile walk-in units.
To find out about the various locations, please go to the Portail Santé Montérégie Coronavirus (COVID-19) page or call 450-644-4545 or 1-877-644-4545.
Appropriate hygiene measures are recommended for everyone:
- Wash your hands often in hot, running water and scrub them with soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
- Follow the hygiene rules when you cough or sneeze:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use paper tissues, throw them in the garbage can as quickly as possible and then wash your hands.
- Avoid visiting people who are hospitalized or in long-term care institutions for 14 days after you return from a foreign country or if you are sick.
- Avoid direct contact when you greet someone, such as shaking their hand, and use other types of greetings instead.
- Wear a mask when you are in an enclosed public space or on public transit.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are as follows:
- Respiratory difficulties
The symptoms may be mild (like a cold) or more severe (like pneumonia, pulmonary insufficiency, renal failure).
In extreme cases, the illness may lead to death. The people most at risk of complications are those who are immunosuppressed, those with chronic diseases and the elderly.