Ongoing and Upcoming Work
This section is updated regularly to provide information about ongoing or upcoming roadwork and traffic hindrances across the entire territory that may require changes to your usual travelling routes. You will find the location, duration and dates of the roadwork.
Please note that the dates are approximate due to climate conditions that may influence the duration of the work.
Due to short timelines, emergency interventions are not always shown.
Ongoing and Future Work
To find out about the work that will be carried out on Autoroute 30 in the Châteauguay area, you can go to A30 Express
Major work planned on the bridge this summer
Major work is planned on the Honoré-Mercier bridge this summer including paving acess ramps in the two directions, which may lead to a slowdown in traffic.
Between June and September, 8 traffic hindrances (from Friday evening to Monday morning) will take place on the bridge. During these periods, the access ramps will be alternately closed.
In addition to this work, 15 overnight closures are planned during the week. The precise dates of the work have not yet been finalized.
Other work is also going to be carried out to reinforce piles, paint the metallic structure, build an inspection platform and install a counting system. This work will mainly be carried out under the structure and will not cause any traffic disruption.
Traffic lights will be installed at the intersection of the Wescliff access (by Walmart) and the future rue du Frère-Odilon, with concrete islands and turning lanes. This work will be carried out from May to September 2021. More information to come.
New Water Parks
New water parks will be built in four city parks between April and June 2021. The schedule may change depending on the weather. This investment of nearly $2 million will increase the number of water parks available in the territory for the enjoyment of residents in several neighbourhoods.
Parks slated for new water parks:
More information on this major project is forthcoming. You will soon find this information on the Past and Upcoming Major Projects.
New Play Equipment
These new facilities in three of our parks should be ready by July (the exact time will depend on the weather). This work, for the added enjoyment of children, represents an investment of $150,000.
Parks slated for these improvements:
For more information about this major project, go to Past and Upcoming Major Projects.
Naturalization of Parks
The naturalization of our parks consists of reducing maintenance interventions to a minimum to give free rein to natural vegetation. The horticultural teams will sow new species of flowers and plant trees and shrubs all summer long to maximize the vegetation of the banks.
Parcs slated for these measures:
Last update: May 3, 2021
The resumption of work for the residential project at place Étienne-Merlot has been authorized by Ville de Châteauguay. The contractor carried out the corrective work requested by the City.
The following work must be completed during the summer:
– Construction and installation of the lighting network
– Construction of concrete curbs
– Asphalt paving
Repair of boulevard Saint-Francis and rue Jeffries
Work will be carried out on boulevard Saint-Francis between rue des Tulipes and boulevard Salaberry-Nord and on rue Jeffries between boulevard Saint-Francis and rue Cortland.
The repair operations will begin as soon as the authorization certificate is issued by the MELCC this year. This major project, including all the finishing steps, will cost $3 million.
Work to be done:
- Construction of a rainwater network
- Surface asphalting
- Construction of sidewalks and curbs
- Construction of a bicycle path
- Installation of new streetlights
More information coming soon.
Resurfacing work will be carried out from June to October 2021. The schedule may change depending on the weather. The completion of this street rejuvenation plan will cost $3.5 million.
Streets scheduled for resurfacing this year:
- Rue Trudeau, between boulevard Maple and rue Austin
- Rue Éric, between rue Saint-Marc and rue Lepailleur
- Rue Saint-Marc, between rue Dunver and rue Lepailleur
- Rue Lavoisier, between boulevard Albert-Einstein and rue Fresnel
- Rue Desmarais, between boulevard De Gaulle and rue Dupuis
- Rue Benny, between rue Saint-Eugène and rue Dubé
- Rue Fréchette
- Boulevard Salaberry Sud, between rue Bouthillier and rue Desparois
- Chemin de la Haute-Rivière, between rue Méandre and rue Lalemant
- Rue Lalemant, between boulevard Primeau and rue Jogues
- Rue Crépin, between rue Notre-Dame and boulevard D’Youville
Road maintenance work and crack sealing
Road maintenance and crack sealing will be carried out from May to June 2021. A number of streets in the territory will be targeted this year, including the following:
- In front of 210 rue Principale : Wednesday, June 23, 2021, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Since traffic delays are expected in this area, diversions routes will be in place during the work.
During summer 2021, many sidewalks will be refurbished.
As this work will only encroach slightly on the roadway, the impact on traffic will be reduced and will consist of traffic delays. Therefore, no diversions roads will be put in place.
The following works will be carried out on the even-numbered street address side only. The pavements on the odd-numbered addresses will be restored shortly.
- Boul. D’Anjou, at the corner of Boulevard Saint-Joseph: from June 14 to July 9, 2021;
- Boul. Maple, between Rue Mercier and Rue Mcleod: from June 14 to July 9, 2021;
- Rue Wilbrod, between Rue Lalemant and Rue du Méandre: from June 14 to July 16, 2021;
- Boul. Primeau, between Rue Richelieu and Boul. René-Lévesque: from June 14 to July 16, 2021;
- Boul. Salaberry Nord, between Rue Gilmour and Rue Abbotsford: from June 14 to July 9, 2021;
- In front of 179 Rue Pascal: June 14 to July 9, 2021.
Drinking water and sewer services connexion workFacing 290 boulevard Salaberry Sud
Facing 193 rue Principale
- Monday, June 7, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Access to Route 132 via Salaberry Sud will be possible via a temporary diversions.
- Both traffic lanes will be closed.
- Access to residences located south of 290 bouleveard Salaberry Sud will be affected. Residents will be required to park their vehicles outside the restricted area.
- Tuesday, June 8, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Both traffic lanes will be closed.
- Access to residences and businesses will be possible via a temporary diversions.
Replacement of the aqueduct pipe under boulevard Salaberry Nord
Between June and September
The aqueduct pipe under boulevard Salaberry Nord, between rue Higgins and rue Létourneau, will be replaced at a cost of $1 million.
Hydro-Québec will dismantle a portion of the 120-kV Beauharnois‑-Aqueduc line. The works in Châteauguay will start around October 2020.
- Phase 1 – conductor dismantling: Fall 2020 – Winter 2021
- Phase 2 – pylon dismantling: 2022
Overall, the project plans to remove conductors and dismantle 131 pylons, including 44 in Châteauguay, over a distance of 20 km.
Week of January 11 (night work):
- Entrave sur le boulevard Brisebois et sur le chemin d’accès au centre commercial;
- Entrave sur le boulevard René-Lévesque (route 132) et dans la rue Allard;
- Entrave à l’intersection de la rue Albert-Seers et du boulevard Primeau;
From 13 to 22 January:
- Entrave à l’intersection du chemin de la Haute-Rivière et de la rue Lalemant ainsi que dans la rue Wilbrod
- Entrave sur l’autoroute 30
Week of January 18:
- Entraves sur les rues Claude-Pitre et Rachel et sur le boulevard Salaberry Sud;
- Entrave dans la rue Reid et l’avenue Normand;
- Entrave sur le boulevard d’Anjou entre les avenues Normand et de la Verdure;
- Entrave dans la rue Mercier entre la rue Daniel et le boulevard Maple
Impact of the work
For the safety of the public, the worksite safety measures may sometimes result in hindrances on roads, bicycle paths, parking lots and properties located within the power line right-of-way. These intermittent hindrances may last anywhere from ten minutes to three days.
The work is not ever expected to lead to a power outage. If such a situation were to occur, however, the affected residents would be informed by an automated telephone messaging system.
A traffic plan has been established, in cooperation with the municipal authorities, to facilitate the movement of cars, cyclists and pedestrians.
The work will be carried out during off-peak hours.
When detours are required, appropriate signage will be in place.
With few exceptions, access to homes will be maintained
The work will comply with the environmental standards in effect.
For more information:
During the months of April to November 2021, vegetation control work will be carried out on the easement located on the City’s lands. The objective of these interventions is to promote compatible vegetation by eliminating vegetation that is incompatible with the operation of the system, which could represent a feasibility and safety issue. The purpose of this program is to promote low and sparse vegetation in line rights-of-way.
The work to be carried out includes:
- Cutting of mature trees within the right-of-way.
To find out more: Hydro-Québec/vegetation