Careers with the City
A career with the city offers stimulating challenges and very competitive conditions, not to mention multiple opportunities in different fields.
Working with the city means…
- The mission is to “offer residents – our clients – high-quality service from first contact.”
- Promoting customer service, a sense of belonging to the city and the commitment of being an integral part of Châteauguay, teamwork and respecting differences.
- Enviable geographic location near Montréal and the United States and close to major highways.
- Dynamic living environment in rapid expansion thanks to its industrial district.
- Human-scale city with many high-quality services, including French- and English-language schools, a CLSC, a library, a hospital and plenty of impressive sports infrastructures.
- Great environment for raising a family.
- City devoted to sustainable development.
- First-class access to a cultural scene buzzing with activities, as the regional hub of arts and culture.
- Urban setting surrounded by wide open green spaces and lots of access to water.
- Nearly 350 permanent employees.
- Over 140 temporary employees.
- Competitive overall compensation.
- Complete social benefit program, including group insurance and a pension plan.
- Competitive terms for vacation, holidays and mobile leave.
- Equality opportunity program that encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, Indigenous people and people with disabilities to apply.
Positions currently available
Here is a list of positions that are currently available.
Seasonal position at summer
To apply for one of these positions, please create a profile on the Jobillico employer portal and submit the requested documents, including a cover letter and your CV.
Note that for equal competencies, the city places priority on applicants who have their principal and usual residence in Châteauguay territory.
The city is always looking for people who are interested temporary or seasonal jobs to carry out various kinds of work.
On-call day labourer
Day labourers carry out a variety of tasks related to public works. A Class-3 driver’s licence is a definite asset.
On-call administrative personnel
Administrative personnel are required for replacements or short engagements involving administrative tasks in various departments. Applicants must have a diploma of vocational studies (DEP) in secretarial or accounting techniques. Competency tests will be administered.
Are you interested in a career in the municipal service even though none of the current openings corresponds to your profile? Please apply and tells us which area interests you. We are always looking for talent to join our team.
Apply – On-call personnel and unsolicited application
To submit an unsolicited application or join our on-call personnel, please email your file to: SRSH@ville.chateauguay.qc.ca
For posted positions, please apply directly on the Jobillico employer portal.
All CVs will be kept for six months.
Your application must include your CV and a cover letter. Before submitting your application, please ensure it is not larger than 10 Mb.
Châteauguay upholds the Act Respecting Equal Access to Employment in Public Bodies. This means we have established an equal opportunity employment program to achieve equitable representation of the groups targeted by the law and a series of measures to promote diversity in our teams and ensure a fair and equitable hiring process.