Strategic planning – I’m involved!
The Ville de Châteauguay is undertaking its first major strategic planning exercise. The objective of this important reflection is to better understand the issues and the main needs of the community. The ideas that will emerge from this democratic exercise will help define the City’s vision and values, as well as its major orientations, in addition to prioritizing the actions to be carried out over the next five years. This process will focus on economic and social development, the environment and governance.
We want to hear from you!
In this process, the citizen’s dimension participation has an important place. In concrete terms, over the next few months, citizens will be invited to express their wishes through various participation channels. It is with you that we will create the Châteauguay of tomorrow!
Accompanied by a consulting firm, the committee is composed of six members of the municipal administration and two elected officials.
- Éric Allard, mayor
- Marie-Louise Kerneis, Municipal Councillor, district de Salaberry
- Karl Sacha Langlois, general manager
- Diane Trahan, directrice de la vie citoyenne
- Caroline Dumouchel, directrice des ressources humaines
- Stacy Maignan, chef aux communications et soutien aux élus
- Audrey Jacques, chef aux communications
- Christine Arsenault, conseillère aux communications
Launch of the process and creation of the steering committeeSpring 2022
Diagnosis: consultation with city partners and employees, collection of socio-economic dataAugust-September 2022
Citizen consultation: field survey, online survey, evening consultations with citizens on specific topicsFall 2022
Development of the strategic framework: vision, mission, values and directionsWinter 2022-23
Adoption of the strategic plan and presentation to citizens2023-2027
Implementation of the action plan
For more information, a detailed press release on the strategic planning is available on our website.
Didn’t get a chance to share your opinion? You still can!
Two new citizen consultation evenings are offered:
- For community organizations (sports and cultural): October 19 at 7 p.m. – In person at salle Jean-Pierre-Houde
- Open to all: October 20 at 7 p.m. – In virtual format
Come and share your ideas with the population and let us know your opinion by participating in this consultation activity! Reserve your place :
- By phone at 450 698-3739
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this process, the Ville de Châteauguay is consulting its citizens and wants to hear your priorities.
The ideas collection was held from September 12 to 25, 2022. Thanks to all citizens for participating.