Skip to content
Municipal By-Laws

Building subject to a notice of deterioration

The law provides that a municipality may require that restoration, repair or maintenance work be carried out if a building is decrepit or dilapidated or if its decrepit or dilapidated state entails a risk to occupant health and safety. To do so, the city must send the owner of the building a written notice stating the work to be done to bring the building into conformity with the standards and measures prescribed by by-laws and the time limit for carrying out the work.  If the owner does not comply with the notice sent, the council may require a notice of deterioration to be registered in the land register.

The following list, kept up-to-date by the city, lists buildings for which a notice of deterioration has been registered in the land register.

The Ville de Châteauguay website is not compatible with Internet Explorer 11 and earlier. For the optimal browsing experience, please update your browser using the free download options for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.