Centre nautique de Châteauguay
For everyone’s safety, a series of rules apply at the Nautical Centre and Pointe nautique.
- The rental service is open to everyone. To take advantage of the discounts, you must have a Passeport-loisir.
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult to rent a watercraft or use a service.
- ID is mandatory to make use of the services.
- Swimming is prohibited on both sites.
- To rent certain watercraft, you must have CANSail 1 certification (or the equivalent) or have taken the Wave Initiation course.
- You must always comply with the posted navigation zones and the access authorizations.
- The boat launching ramps at the Nautical Centre and Pointe nautique are only for non-motorized boats less than 16 feet long.
- Mandatory equipment: Shoes and a personal flotation device (PFD). We encourage you to bring your own PFD and whistle, although the Centre nautique and Pointe nautique can provide them (included in the rental price).
- Recommended equipment: Closed water shoes, watch, waterproof bag, wetsuit (depending on weather).
- The personnel reserve the right to refuse services and access for any reason that could entail a safety risk to the users and personnel or prevent the regular programming from taking place.
- No supervision is provided at the sites outside of opening hours.
- Access to the sites and the activities is at your own risk.
- Dogs are not allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited, as is the consumption of alcohol and drugs.
- Fires are prohibited.
- Fishing is prohibited.