Watering ban in effect in Châteauguay
Published on 18 May 2021
Given the warm weather over recent days, the shortage of rainfall since the beginning of spring and the high demand for water caused by outdoor household tasks such as watering lawns and filling pools, Ville de Châteauguay is required to temporarily ban outdoor watering.
This ban will immediately come into force and will help avoid the overconsumption of water and protect our facilities during this period which has seen daily consumption double in recent days. The city is therefore encouraging everyone to ration use of water to essential purposes only as follows:
- Manual watering of flowers and gardens is authorized at all times.
- The use of a watering automatic system is prohibited until further notice.
- The use of a watering portable system (such as an oscillating sprinkler) is prohibited until further notice.
- Wathering new sod* is prohibited until further notice. *except : Only sod laid before May 18, with proof of purchase is allowed. It requires a permit (free), available by contacting us.
- Filling pools is prohibited until further notice.
For daily report, visit the AlertEAU section on our website.